1. Due to insurance regulations, all volunteers must be at least 15 years old. No exceptions to this policy are possible.
2. We ask our class volunteers to commit to at least one hour per week for an entire 9 week session. New volunteers must attend an orientation and training session(s).
3. Volunteer application forms must be completed and returned to SMILES.
4. Volunteering in classes will involve moderate physical activity, such as, walking for 45 minutes and jogging a short distance in sand, being able to hold your arm above shoulder height to support a modest amount of weight, and lifting 30 lbs. above shoulder height.
5. Volunteers must be able to work independently with minimal staff supervision.
6. Volunteers must have a positive attitude and be able to adapt to change.
7. Volunteers must possess the ability to follow directions and take instruction.
8. Appropriate barn attire and closed toed shoes must be worn at all times.
STEPS TO BECOMING A SMILES VOLUNTEER
1. Download, complete and return the Volunteer Application to Katie Luessenhop, Volunteer Coordinator, by fax 262-882-5661, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to N2666 County Road K, Darien, WI 53114.
2. Contact Katie Luessenhop at 262-882-3470 or email@example.com to discuss our volunteer opportunities.
3. Schedule a Volunteer Orientation and Training Session. Please click on Volunteer Training for additional information. Dates and times are subject to change.
4. Attend your scheduled Volunteer Orientation and Training Sessions. Print out and bring the attached Volunteer and Training Guidelines.